April 21, 2012

A first try and some pumpkins

Hello everyone, hope you all had a great week! Mine was a bit busy so I didn't get much miniature work done :/

What I did do though are two things. I made some Fimo pumpkins, which I think turned out alright, although I don't like the stems very much. I thought about using green Fimo, but it didn't seem quite right. Perhaps I should go with a darker brown next time? 

Every witch needs pumpkins!! I thought about making some eyes on them but ultimately decided against it (for the moment).


And the second item I tried making is a candelabra. I made it from wire and cardboard. It was extremely difficult making the wire stand exactly as I wanted but in the end I managed it. I don't think it looks all that bad for a first attempt, although when I make a second one I'll definitely change the design, perhaps add a bit more room for candles,... 
This still needs candles but overall a solid first attempt in my opinion.

My shabby first attempt at a candelabra...

Well, this is mostly it for now. I've also been trying to make a basket, since I found a great tutorial, but I've been having some problems with it which I'll hopefully resolve soon.
Until next time!

*Poof*

1 comment: