August 12, 2012

Bits and pieces, a miniature museum and Minimundus

Hello again! It's been a while since the last update, but things have been hectic around here. And with vacation time we away from home for almost 3 weeks total, so miniatures had to wait. But I did get some miniature sightseeing in.... First it was Minimundus in Klagenfurt, Austria, which is only about an hour and a half from where I live. And next was something even more impressive.... it was a miniature museum near Linz, Austria. We went to visit some relatives who live there and of course we had to see the museum. It's actually not allowed to take photos but I managed to sneak in a few. I truly recommend it, it's a private collection housed in an old school. There are 3 floors full of 1/12 scale miniatures and higher, antique dolls, bears, everything you can imagine!

Still, I managed to make a few mini bits and pieces after we got home. I started making potion bottles with beads and a few other things.
I also got the courage to stain my table and chair and I'm trying to decide what to put on the table now.

Trying out what to put on the table. Nothing glued yet and I'll probably have to add something more...


Close up of the possible potions tray.


And this little guy is the newest addition to my collection. He is one of the few things I actually bought in 1/12 scale and he's extremely tiny. I bought him at the miniature museum we visited.... they had terribly expensive things but I had to have this one, even if he was 20 euros.


And here he is peeking from the chair :)

Another close up of the table.

And my box full of bits and pieces that will surely not go to waste since I have two whole floors to fill.



MINIMUNDUS


This is truly something worth seeing. They have miniature versions of various landmarks from around the world. They're not in 1/12 scale, I don't think they all have the same scale, but it's still something. And they have miniature trains riding by and small ponds, fountains that work,....
A few pictures of more famous miniatures.









PUPPENHAUS - MINIATURE MUSEUM


This museum in in a small town St. Thomas am Blasenstein, Austria, where there's not really much else to see. It's about an hour from Linz but it's well worth it. These pictures aren't all that great, but still something to drool over, hehehehe.
The whole collection belongs to a couple who collected everything in the museum by themselves. And when they needed a place to put everything they bought this old school. At first they didn't even want it open to public but in the end they did decide to make everything public. I do admit I've never been to a miniature museum other than this, but to me it was extremely impressive. 


I think this was the biggest house they had in the collections, I think even without the stand it would be taller than me :)


And some houses were made inside real furniture! I think this one was my favorite out of all of them. I stood there for probably 15 minutes, just by this one, until my relatives had to almost drag me away :)


Well, this is about it for now. Until next time!

*Poof*


No comments:

Post a Comment