December 18, 2014

Artist's studio is starting to take shape...

It's been a busy season again.... I've been making Christmas cards, preparing for the exhibition, decorating the house,....

When I agreed on the exhibition I immediately knew I wanted to make another corner scene. And I've wanted to make an artist's studio for some time. So now was the perfect time, right?

This is what I have so far....


I really like how it turned out. Especially because I used things I had around the house...

I started out with another corner. Of course I had to try out different layouts.

I love these! I have no clue what they're called in English though... it's what my father has in the workshop for various uses... I like the way he can instantly make a table with a couple of these stands and a board and I did the same thing in the studio.

Paint tubes made from an aluminium tray and pastels from toothpicks :)

The sink still need a curtain to partially hide the inside. The sink is a deodorant cap and the syphon is a straw. I'm very pleased with how it turned out.

Of course an artist's sink has to have paint everywhere :) at least that's how I picture it.... but let's face it.... do you know any artists that have a clean studio? hahahhaa! 

The worktable! It's filled with paint tubes, paint bottles and paint cans. The bottles and cans are wood turnings I painted. I still need to make the labels for the cans. Now all I need is some paint brushes.... although I have no clue how I'm going to make those...

Two pieces of a paper tissue that I stained... I can't believe how realistic they look!


I didn't have a lot of time to put this together but I do like how it turned out. I'm probably going to add to it over time. For now I have to make some more items to go under the sink, a curtain for the sink and a lot of brushes. Other than that I think it'll be ready for the exhibition. 

If anyone has some suggestions on what else I could make in a short amount of time I'd love to hear them :)

Until next time!

*Poof*






6 comments:

  1. Oh love this so much Jana! I must say the shots are fantastic also..they look so life sized! Your paint tubes are fantastic!!

    I think it looks awesome, maybe a few charcoal/ pencil drawings on the walls above the tabele?

    I am excited for you hon, waiting on photos of your display!!

    Hugs~J

    ReplyDelete
  2. That scene is amazingly realistic, I love it. The table supports are called trestles xx

    ReplyDelete