I did manage to finish a bed for my house. Hooray! :)
Well, at least the frame, I still need to make the mattress, pillows, covers.... But I think that a large part is behind me and I'm extremely pleased with the results.
After numerous failed attempts I finally managed to make the padding for the boards. I would like to thank fellow mini makers from SmallStuff Digest and my yahoo group Dream Dwellings, for giving me advice so kindly and responding in such numbers.
And now..... A bed fit for a witch!
Trying out the padding for the lower board.
Both frames cut, sanded and ready for padding.
Finally, after many failed attempts.
It's finished!! Still without a mattress though. It measures 17,5cm x 10cm. I was aiming for a queen size bed, but it would have to be a bit wider. But it's fantasy anyway and there are not exact measurements in fantasy, hahaha.
The boards are a bit low, but I had to glue them on so the side boards would stay in place. I used gold sating for the upholstery and have plenty left for the covers and such.
Well, this is what I came up with. I know it's not perfect, and that there should be buttons in the tufting, but I like it anyway and I think that for a first try it worked out extremely well. I did plan on making the frame gold and the upholstery red velvet, but I couldn't find any so I had to rework the colors. But all in all, I'm pleased with the result.
I would love to hear what you think, though.
And some random bottles I also made today.... it was something to distract myself while I was waiting for the glue/paint/varnish to dry :) Have to be productive ;)
Well, until next time!